Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mr. Sam

Everybody is familiar with the chain stores Wal- Mart and Sams. I really loved the book. Every time I hear about a documentary about Wal-Mart or Sams, I always read about it. I even watched the 2 hour documentary on the discovery show. These are stores that I have been going to since I was a kid. I really love the photographs in the book, How Mr. Sam Walton Built Wal-Mart and Became America’s Richest Man by Karen Blumenthal. I like to read about success business store owners in hope of getting some tips on becoming just as lucky. Her book is filled with inserts of interesting fun facts. The layout of the book is brilliant with its theme of store coupons and weekly sells ads.

Posted by Amany Isa


2 comments:

  1. Last year at this time, my family had just moved from Fayetteville, Arkansas. It is amazing how different Northwest Arkansas is from the rest of the state because of Sam Walton's legacy (there are many other Fortune 500 Companies based in NW Arkansas making it vastly different, but I've heard very compelling arguments that the WalMart factor drew the rest of them in). It was also very convenient for me to justify my WalMart shopping as "supporting the local economy." (smile.) I wonder if he had any idea that WalMart would be such a big deal and continue to thrive for so long. The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville just got the first College Campus WalMart this year (http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2011/01/14/now-open-walmart-on-campus/). They are really adjusting to trends and setting themselves up for success still today.

    I need to read this book.

    Rebecca Neighbors

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great presentation of the information! I was prepared to be completely bored - but I read the book because I am a frequent shopper at a couple of Wal-Mart stores. I appreciate the perspective from which the book is told and found it to be informative and fun!

    Thank you!
    Lisa Cockrell

    ReplyDelete