Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mr. Sam:

I had the pleasure of reading Mr. Sam this week, and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed by the way you manage to make such high-minded concepts as business and corporate competition seem accessible to adolescents and younger readers. While it is no secret that Walmart is something of a controversial symbol of American consumerism, you manage to make Mr. Sam seem not only human, but likable at that. I feel that readers can learn a lot about business, and perhaps even a future career, by reading this book. Mr. Sam makes the American Dream seem both realistic and attainable. I feel is a positive lesson for students, who may even be ready to write business plans of their own after reading it. Your book takes business, by all accounts a mysterious topic for younger readers, and explains it to them in their own terms, as something they could even do someday themselves. I quite enjoyed the book, and would love to use it in my class should the occasion arise.

So, if you don't mind my asking, my question for you is this: How did you decide on Sam Walton as a topic for a book? And, if I may, what draws you to a topic in general?

We are honored to have you as a guest for our class!

-Patrick Yercich

No comments:

Post a Comment