Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Steve Jobs

Audrey, you ask why I wanted to do a biography of Steve Jobs. I’ve asked myself that question a few times in recent weeks!

In this case, I was actually asked to do it. The publisher called my agent and he recommended me. Because I’ve been a business journalist almost all my adult life, I felt like I could bring some unique understanding to his story, which is incredibly interesting! Also, my biography of Sam Walton just came out this year, and there were a lot of similarities in their business successes. In addition, I had actually worked on a chapter about Jobs and Apple for an adult business book earlier this year, so I was familiar with his history.

Funny that you think he’s more modern. I actually thought Title IX was pretty modern—shows you how old I am!

While I would like to continue to write about historical events, I also would like to carve a niche as the writer that publishers go-to for nonfiction that touches on business or economic issues.
Hope that answers your question!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment