Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why did you want to write this book?

Hello Ms. Blumenthal:

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to visit with our class, Advanced Literature for Young Adults, at Texas Woman's University.

My question for you is inspired by a interview I read on young adult author James Cross Giblin. In the interview Giblin provides the following insight:

"In question and answer sessions, authors are almost always asked where they get their ideas. I think a more interesting question is, "Why did you want to write this book?"."

My question for you is in reference to your book,
Steve Jobs; The Man Who Thought Different. It seems that a lot of your other books are more of what one would consider "classic historic fiction" Whereas, your book on Steve Jobs is a very modern topic of interest. I was wondering what personally motivated you to write Steve Jobs; The Man Who Thought Different?

Thank you for your time.



Sincerely,

Audrey L. Hopkins



No comments:

Post a Comment